recentaboutlinksarchive
Information

Best viewed: Mozilla Firefox.
Resolution: 1280X800.

Tagboard

Sunday, May 20, 2007

WAAAHHH! I passed my driving test! Haha, maybe those close to me already found out liao since I was going on and on telling people I passed. Okay, this entry will report everything on yesterday's test. Hee! Here goes..

Woke up at 6 in the morning, then I took a light breakfast, but I dont know why I felt so bloated. Then got dressed up smartly, reminded by a word by my instructor "Give the tester a good first impression with a clean look". Then Granny called me pray to ancestors before leaving.

Travelled to BBDC early and still feeling unwell with the bloatedness. Then, catch some rest while waiting to be called up for warmup. Of course, my eyes cant close peacefully when my brain keeps chanting .. "Check Safety, Be Alert.. Control well."

Then, this Yan Dao Malay instructor with a stylo sunglass took me for warmup. He is very nice, keep asking me to keep calm later, and keep giving me encourageous words when I did well in the warmup. Then, he took me to the tester office, and waited to be called up for ballotting of route.

7 people attended the test. I was given route 2 (Bukit Gombak area). That's a good thing, because Gombak area is lesser traffic compared to places like Teck Whye where the people like to wake up so early to have breakfast!

Then, Mr Chong (tester) took me for the test. All along, the instructors gave me a very scary impression of testers. "They are Ah Peks, they are very strict, they are very observant and demanding." However, I was so fortunate to meet a nice tester. His tone is light, not pressurising, and telling me to keep calm and listen to his instruction.

So, the test started. Felt the accelerator getting much harder than before, cuz I'm panicking! Then took Vertical Parking first, then S-course, Slope, Crank course.. Tester goes "Good Good." BUT, next thing is Parallel Parking, I made a mistake in not controlling well my speed when reversing in and caused my car to be too close to the kerb. Then he told me "Too close! You should know what you must do!" Then when reversing out, I touched the kerb, touched the pole. 8 Demerits! Felt so demoralising, he scold me for wasting 8 demerits even before I proceeding out. Then do the directional change, and proceeded out to the road.

On road, I changed lane abruptly because stupid Taxi stop infront of me, blocking my way. 4 Demerits! Then, on the Flyover reaching the end to the Gombak area, I braked quite hard, and he complained that I stepped the clutch too early. Incorrect braking technique, 2 Demerits! Then I think I deducted finish my 20 Demerit grace, so I anyhow drive back. He caught me for dragging 2nd Gear.. 2 Demerits! Then, a couple of warnings on following issues.

So, I finished the test, he told me all my mistakes. I saw him ticking so many boxes, so I asked straight to the point "Sir, so I fail?".. "No lah! I give you pass lah! You get 16 Demerits, not very good. Next time drive on road must be better ok!" I was so elated that I kept thanking him.

So this is the result:
Strike Pole Strike Kerb - 4 x 2 = 8 Demerits
Change Lane Abruptly - 4 Demerits
Fail to use appropriate gear - 2 Demerits
Unnecessary stopping - Warning
Fail to use engine brake at bend - Warning
Incorrect braking technique - 2 Demerits
Fail to signal in good time - Warning
Fail to cancel signal - Warning

Total: 16 Demerits (20 Demerits constitutes to failure)

That time almost jumped for joy. But remained calm and faster called Dad. Mum picked up and I told her I passed! So, I told her I go find them after making license. Then called Granny also. She so happy and said the ancestors blessed me. She said my grandpa was a good driver, then all my uncles and my dad too, passed the test easily. So, its in the gene! Haha! Had a short video clip on Road Safety after passing. 4 Passes out of 7 people. So happy to be the lucky 4. I met the Yan Dao Instructor, then thanked him. Then made my driving license for a fee of $50. Then my Granny still called me and ask me for License no. for 4D.. LOL!

Went West Mall awhile to scout for ext. Hard Disk. Too ex, have to go Sim Lim some day. Saw Shan working, then we congrats each other. He got his Bike license few days before me.. haha! So, that added up to 6 from our class getting the license. All got baibai one!

Then made my way to dad's stall. Then mum told me it was also my parents' 20th Wedding Anniversary! Wow! No wonder my dad remember my test date well la. Intended to dinner out to celebrate at first, but dad suddenly not feeling well. So, we postponed to next time.

Then evening met Cai Ling, went mac do my internship report. She congratulate me also.. thanks! Then went home watch FA Cup. Stupid Drogba late finishing, oh well.

Once again, thank these people for wishing me good luck (not by rank, not by order):
Charisse (Had been wishing me for days before I had test)
Qiaoyi (Keep telling me I can do it)
Jiaxin (Also keep telling me I can do it)
Wee Liang
Chris (Pressurise me on hoping to see me drive next sem)
Cai Ling (Wan me pass cuz wan I lombang her)
Si Yan
Jin Hui (Wish me in the afternoon. Girl ah, I applied finish license then wish =x)
And my family.. and sorry those that I forgot to mention.

And thanks to those who congrats me.. too long list.

F1 Grand Prix, here I come! (LOL, dreaming!)